- This event has passed.
Samford University – FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
August 7 - August 8$250.00
Sylvia Rayfield & Associates Inc. and Samford University’s Ida Moffett School of Nursing present “Promoting NCLEX-RN® Success: Test Development and Teaching Strategies for both Classroom and Clinical,” a two-day faculty development session for nurse educators focused on elevating and sustaining high NCLEX-RN® pass rates!
When: August 7 – 8, 2017 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (2-day live event)
Where: Samford University, 800 Lakeshore Drive Birmingham AL 35229
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 25th
12 CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS will be provided by the Board of Registered Nursing California #63-1240053
This material is presented with an open forum; questions are welcome. Prerequisite for August 8 participation
Session One: A Test Development Plan for NCLEX® Success
Session Two: An interactive consultation on what’s nice to know vs. need to know
Session Three: Determining Analysis of Exams
- Determine items that are nice to know vs. need to know
- Below difficulty level recognition and fixes
- Item construction improvement
- Leveling test items across the curriculum (increasing complexity)
- Alternative items
- Utilizing S.A.F.E.T.Y. for test plan development
- Developing an “in-house” test bank
- Identifying grade inflation
For active participation, submit to email@example.com one unidentified page of an exam and the first three pages of an identified course syllabus (including grading) for random analysis. This material will be kept secure, used for this program only, and will not be returned.
Tuesday August 8, 2017
Morning Session: Teaching Tactics for NCLEX® Success
- What is nice to know vs. needs to know (enduring knowledge)
- Utilizing evidence-based concepts for classroom content
- Compare and contrast traditional/knowledge-based education with conceptual teaching/learning
- Practice accelerated learning techniques
- Utilizing S.A.F.E.T.Y. as a blueprint for didactic organization
- Utilizing technology in the classroom
Copyright 2017, Sylvia Rayfield & Associates Inc.
Afternoon Session: Master Clinical Teaching: A S.A.F.E.T.Y. Approach for Student Success!
- Explore and define the clinical instructors’ accountability and responsibilities
- Discuss how to set realistic expectations for novice students in clinical
- Demonstrate how to incorporate the S.A.F.E.T.Y. structure and manage positive clinical experiences
- Review and demonstrate interactive clinical teaching strategies to advance clinical reasoning
Copyright 2017, I CAN Publishing® Inc.
- To register, contact Sylvia Rayfield & Associates, Inc. at 800-234-0575
- Registration deadline: July 25th
- PLEASE NOTE: LAPTOPS ARE REQUIRED; HANDOUTS PROVIDED ON FLASH DRIVE
- Total cost for two days is $250/individual
- Groups of 3 or more from one facility registered at the same time — $225/individual
- Groups of 6 or more from one facility registered at the same time — $200/individual
A block of discounted hotel reservations are available at the Courtyard by Marriott, Homewood, 500 Shades Creek Parkway, Homewood, Alabama (205-879-0400) about seven minutes from the Samford campus. Ask for the Samford block.